Call for Proposals
We invite members of the campus and the community to submit proposals for poster sessions and displays that address current practices in community engagement. Individuals or teams (led by a faculty member with other faculty, staff, graduate or undergraduate students, and community partners) may submit a proposal.
The poster/display session is an excellent venue to present research on teaching and learning, course innovation, or research for focused and informal dialogue with attendees. In turn, attendees will be exposed to a diverse variety of work and develop opportunities for collaboration. No audio-visual equipment will be provided, but you may request table space and electricity if you would like to bring a laptop for multi-media presentation.
Proposals for posters/displays are due by February 6, 2015.
Proposal Formats and Submission
We strongly recommend that you type your text in a word processor first, and then “copy and paste” into the text boxes on the online submission form because you cannot save a draft form through the online submission method.
All poster/display proposals should include:
- Full contact information for the lead presenter and names/titles of any additional presenters
- Full contact information for the community partner
- Complete location information of where the engagement activity is occurring (local, state, national, or international level)
- A title of your proposal
- An abstract of 250 words or less
- A short biography of each presenter (100 words or less)
- Electricity and table space needs
Please click here for the secure online submission form.
Questions regarding the proposal process may be addressed to Megan Puzey through e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone (217-333-9525). Notifications of acceptance will be through email by Friday, February 10, 2015.