About Arts Exchange
FAA is pleased to hold its 3rd annual Arts Exchange, a cross-college interdisciplinary enrichment program of workshops intended to introduce FAA students to the variety of ideas, concepts, knowledge, art forms, skills and people that comprise our college.
The Arts Exchange program will replace most regularly scheduled FAA classes on October 10, 2017; please check your class syllabi to confirm.
This is your opportunity to explore a totally different area and to experience some of the best of FAA. For instance, you may:
- Learn the basics of songwriting from renowned music educators;
- Adapt part of Shakespeare’s original works using your own imagination and ideas;
- Explore the links between health and the built environment by taking part in a scavenger hunt;
- Get tips on public speaking from an experienced actor;
- Learn about what goes into building a traveling art exhibition from museum staff.
Most workshops require no previous knowledge or skill and will be fun and interactive. All FAA faculty have been asked to adjust their syllabi to accommodate this one-day event so that students may participate. We encourage you to attend an Arts Exchange workshop in lieu of your regularly scheduled class—attendance will be taken at all workshops.
The goal is to strengthen the FAA student experience as one uniquely situated within a college of excellent arts thinkers and creators, to discover new common interests across college departments and schools, and to respond to your requests for exposure to other art forms offered in the college.
Arts Exchange is scheduled for October 10, 2017.