Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission is now open. Click here to submit an abstract for one of the mini-symposia.
Submission deadline: 31 January 2015
Notification of acceptance: 19 February 2015View a sample abstract
Mini-Symposia Titles and Organizers
1. "Advances and Applications of Computational Fracture Mechanics"
Prof. Armando Duarte, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Prof. Glaucio H. Paulino, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2. "The Current and Future Role of Mechanics in Atomistic Science"
Prof. Ryan Elliot, University of Minnesota
3. "Computational homogenization of materials with intrinsic microstructure"
Prof. Christian Linder, Stanford University
Prof. Oscar Lopez-Pamies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
4. "Defects in Solids"
Prof. Kaushik Dayal, Carnegie Mellon University
5. "3D Printing"
Prof. Jerri Qi, Georgia Institute of Technology
6. "Fluid Mechanics"
Prof. Arif Masud, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
7. "Friction, Fracture, and Damage"
Prof. Ahmed Elbanna, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8. "Modeling of active materials"
Prof. Ray Ogden, University of Glasgow
Prof. Luis Dorfmann, Tufts University
9. "Nanocomposites and Nanostructured Materials"
Prof. Zoubeida Ounaies, The Pennsylvania State University
10. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Control in Structural Engineering"
Prof. Reyolando M. Brasil, Federal University of ABC
Prof. Jos? Manoel Balthazar, Department of Mechanical Engineering at
Technological Institute of Aeronautics ITA, S?o Jos? dos Campos, SP and
UNESP Bauru-Mechanical Engineering School, S?o Paulo State University,
Bauru, SP, Brazil
Dr. Kostas Danas, Ecole Polytechnique
Prof. Dennis Kochmann, California Institute of Technology